Daily Truth: “For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
2 Corinthians 1:20
Mother’s have a huge job. We try to meet the needs of everyone in our family. When children are preschoolers the job requires energy, consistency, and love. When children are elementary age the job requires the previous skills and the added skills of encouragement and party planner. As children grow into adolescence mothers need all the previous skills plus the needed skills of master calendar and driver coordinator.
How good to know that God is with us every step of the way. God wants our families to not just succeed but to flourish. That is not to say that every step will be easy, but God walks with us through all the ups and downs of child rearing. He gives us His promises. It is good to know that when things get tough or when things are going well God is encouraging and providing wisdom for us through His Word.
Ten Promises from God’s Word for Mothers
- Joy: “This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24
- Strength: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Never give up: “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering; for He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:23
- Protection: “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.” John 10:11
- Sadness: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at things which are seen,but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:17-18
- Trust: “For You will light my lamp; The LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.” Psalm 18:28
- Peace: “The LORD is my light and salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
- Stress: “Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6
- Faith: “Have I not commanded you be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid nor dismayed, for the LORD God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- Words: “Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.” 2 Timothy 1:13
How good it is that God provides promises that mothers can hold on to as we raise our children.
Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Until the next “Truth” sharing moment,
Cathy Jo Johnson