Daily Truth: “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
Gifts have been opened, sweet treats linger begging to be consumed, and the hustle and bustle of the last few weeks have subsided. As the new year approaches we think of changes we want to make in the new year. Maybe we want to eat more healthy, manage our time better, spend more time in God’s Word, or be more purposeful in pointing our children to Christ. What ever changes need to be made in each of our lives the new year provides a chance to reflect on the past year and make changes to the new year ahead.
It is good to know that Jesus never changes. There is no need for Him to change as He is perfect in all ways. Jesus is always there for us. He came to this earth so we may have an abundant life. We are thankful that He died for us so we might have eternal life. What a blessing to have the Holy Spirit to comfort and help if we have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. We look forward to His return. How wonderful it is to know that God is the Alpha and the Omega (the beginning and the end). Revelation 1:8
Quote from Blue Letter Bible: “Not only will God exist undiminished everlastingly into the future, but He has existed identically throughout the infinite past. Not only has God himself existed eternally into the past, but so also has His plan for His creation. Before the foundations of the world, God ordained the Creation, the Fall, the Incarnation and Resurrection, and the Salvation of His people. This is a wondrous truth for the believer for it grants him confidence in the tenacity of his faith. Once a believer realizes that God has demanded his salvation and perseverance from this sin-stained world he can live without fear in the joy that God offers all of His children. Also of note is the fact that Christ is eternal in His sonship: He existed eternally before his incarnation as the First-Born over creation (though without human form) and will exist eternally post-resurrection as the glorified Son of God.”
Why we need changes and how to make those changes:
- We are sinners. Romans 3:23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- We should always be growing in our faith. 1 Peter 2:2 “as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby…”
- We should always be growing in grace and knowledge. 2 Peter 3:18 “but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.”
- Read and study God’s Word. 1 Timothy 4:16 ” Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.”
- God wants us to grow in closeness to Himself. Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
Jesus never changes but we are always changing. The past year provides reflection and the new year provides a new beginning. We must prayerfully consider the changes needed and then discipline ourselves to accomplish those goals for the upcoming year. With our persistence, patience, and perseverance and God’s leading we will be able to accomplish the changes needed in our lives.
Blessings and a very Happy New Year to you and your families.
Until the next “Truth” sharing moment,
Cathy Jo Johnson