Daily Truth: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1
Summer time is finally here!
I love having the kids home for summer.
I love no set schedule.
I love the spontaneity of summer.
Maybe it’s because my kids are getting older and we are getting out of the toddler stage.
Or maybe it’s because my oldest will be starting junior high in the fall (a fact I am still trying to wrap my mind around).
Or maybe it’s because my youngest will be starting kindergarten in the fall (yet, another fact I am trying to grasp).
Or maybe it’s because I am slowly realizing how quickly the time with my children is flying by and what little time I have left with them.
Every summer the kids make a summer “wish list”. This list can include things as simple as playing play dough to things more elaborate as taking a day trip.
Each summer we try to check off as many of those items as we can.
Here is what I plan to do.
1. Less time on the computers more time playing. (I better get this blog done quickly!)
2. Less time worrying about clean clothes more time playing in the rain.
3. Less time keeping the house clean more time making messes.
4. Less time saying “yes” to others and more time saying “no” to a schedule.
5. Less time making a “to do” list more time playing with the children.
6. Less time making plans more time making memories.
7. Less time getting my things done more time doing what the kids will like to do. (Thus their summer “wish list”.)
8. Less time expecting more time laughing.
9. Less time hurrying more time slowing down.
10. Less time worrying and more time enjoying.
I will have time in the fall while all the kids are in school to “catch up” on things that should get done.
This summer take less time doing the ordinary things of life and take more time enjoying the extraordinary.
Until next week,